Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Stocks Of The Month: AGNC, AMZN

I've taken the opportunity to lock in some short-term losses for a couple of loser stocks. Gone are Chimera Investment (CIM), which was down 25% from when I bought, and the extremely volatile Netflix (NFLX), down 57% even after dollar-cost averaging.

In their place, I've added to my positions in similar-yet-evidently-superior stocks: American Capital Agency (AGNC), which I've already deemed as better than Chimera once before; and Amazon (AMZN), a tech services company that unlike Netflix, has delighted both its customers and shareholders of late.

Here's my current portfolio. As always, I believe in all of these stocks - until I sell them.

Apple (AAPL) 16.71%
Baidu (BIDU) 8.71%
Google (GOOG) 7.10%
Southern Copper (SCCO) 6.35%
Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) 6.14%
American Capital Agency (AGNC) 4.47%
Ace Limited (ACE) 4.31%
Annaly Capital Management (NLY) 4.20%
BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT) 3.40%
American Software (AMSWA) 3.15%
Amazon (AMZN) 3.00%
Tesla Motors (TSLA) 2.91%
Apache (APA) 2.81%
Intel (INTC) 2.72%
The Distressed (APKT, BEBE, DNDN, EA, ESI, GSOL, HNSN, JSDA, LZB, MAKO, MSI, PCS, RBCN, RVR, SRZ, SVNT, WFC, ZIP) 2.65%
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP) 2.58%
McDonald's (MCD) 2.41%
Prospect Capital (PSEC) 2.29%
DuPont (DD) 2.17%
Vodafone (VOD) 2.16%
F5 Networks (FFIV) 2.09%
Blackstone (BX) 2.04%
Hugoton Royalty Trust (HGT) 1.89%
Under Armour (UA) 1.80%
BreitBurn Energy Partners (BBEP) 1.69%