Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Capitulation In The Third Dimension: Sold DDD, SSYS, XONE; Bought NSC, PCLN, V

Pop quiz: which group of stocks would you rather own?

These 3...




...or these 3?




I don't know what the future of the 3D printing industry is. It could be the next wave of manufacturing, or it could be relegated to hobbyists and prototypers, or somewhere in between. I do know that the top 3 stocks are demonstrably awful stocks - the worst bit of "investing" I've participated in since the destined-for-bankruptcy Delphi - while the bottom 3 stocks are demonstrably good stocks.

So I've sold 3D Systems (DDD), Stratasys (SSYS), and ExOne (XONE); bought Norfolk Southern (NSC), Priceline (PCLN), and Visa (V); and have a substantial amount of cash (7%) to use wisely.

I'm going to make my bold forward bets on companies like Tesla (TSLA), NVIDIA (NVDA), and Amazon (AMZN); nobody's giving away extra money for degree-of-difficulty portfolios.