Friday, August 24, 2007

Sold St. Jude...Bought More Delphi

I heart Delphi...as evidenced by all the times I've written about it.

I sold St. Jude Medical (STJ) to fund yet another purchase of DPHIQ.PK just this week. Again, the reason for selling St. Jude was that it was the most dispensable of my holdings. And really, are medical devices going to be that hot in the future? Aren't solutions derived from stem cell research and nanotechnology going to be the answer for cardiovascular health problems? I dunno. I was able to sell at an 18% gain - which, as my dad would say, is better than a kick to the head.

Here are my updated current holdings and their respective percentage of my portfolio. Needless to say, I believe in all of these stocks - until I sell them. Enjoy.

Southern Copper (PCU) 9.59%
Delphi (DPHIQ.PK) 8.28%
Fording Canadian Coal (FDG) 7.63%
Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) 7.19%
Aluminum Corp. of China (ACH) 6.66%
Fuel Tech (FTEK) 5.87%
Annaly Capital Management (NLY) 5.67%
PetroChina (PTR) 4.92%
Frontline (FRO) 4.83%
Google (GOOG) 4.38%
Rite Aid (RAD) 3.90%
Under Armour (UA) 3.90%
Apache (APA) 3.89%
Capstone Turbine (CPST) 3.77%
Ace Limited (ACE) 3.57%
Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP) 3.21%
NYSE Euronext (NYX) 2.86%
Infosys (INFY) 2.80%
Nokia (NOK) 2.77%