Friday, January 7, 2022

On The Turning Away: Sold GOOGL, ISRG, V

Unaware how the ranks have grown
Driven on by a heart of stone
We could find that we're all alone
In the dream of the proud

The sales of GOOGL, ISRG, and V were not easy.  They had annualized returns of 17%, 11%, and 19% respectively, and comprised nearly 10% of of my portfolio's overall valuation.  One might say that they were victims of their own success.   

The proceeds from this sale were (once again) directed into my favorite basket of yield ETF/Ns:  the index covered calls of QYLD, RYLD, and XYLD; and the gold/silver/oil covered calls of GLDI, SLVO, and USOI.

With this most recent rotation from stocks into yield, my portfolio now yields a projected 6% annually.  This could grow as much as to 8% annually.


Boilerplate time...

As a stretch goal: for dividend income purposes, I'd like this portfolio to eventually be as much as a 50/50 25/75 split between stocks and yield. As seen below, it is currently 40/60.

I am in no rush to flip into yield. I would rather let my winners run forever. However, if in any given month I see no stocks that present themselves as especially good buying opportunities, I have no reservations in simply adding to my bond, preferred stock, and/or covered call ETF/Ns. It is truly a month-to-month situation (as it has always been!).

For the foreseeable future, I want to track my Big Five Two every month, whether I buy them or not.

Amazon (AMZN)
  • $1.66T market cap
  • no dividend
  • $458.0B revenue
  • 15% revenue growth
  • $79.0B cash
  • $155.8B debt
  • $54.7B operating cash flow
  • $9.3B free cash flow

Microsoft (MSFT)
  • $2.36T market cap
  • 0.8% dividend yield
  • $176.3B revenue
  • 22% revenue growth
  • $130.6B cash
  • $78.9B debt
  • $82.0B operating cash flow
  • $49.8B free cash flow


Here's my current portfolio (buy, hold, and sell). As always, I believe in all of these stocks/ETF/ETNs - until I sell them.

Microsoft (MSFT) 15.15%
Amazon (AMZN) 11.58%
Global X U.S. Preferred ETF (PFFD) 11.36%
iShares Broad USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF (USHY) 11.29%
Xtrackers USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF (HYLB) 11.20%
Invesco NASDAQ 100 ETF (QQQM) 6.98%
Global X NASDAQ 100 Covered Call ETF (QYLD) 6.25%
Credit Suisse X-Links Crude Oil Shares Covered Call ETNs (USOI) 5.22%
Credit Suisse X-Links Silver Shares Covered Call ETN (SLVO) 5.01%
Global X Russell 2000 Covered Call ETF (RYLD) 4.53%
Global X S&P 500 Covered Call ETF (XYLD) 2.94%
Invesco NASDAQ Next Gen 100 ETF (QQQJ) 2.66%
Credit Suisse X-Links Gold Shares Covered Call ETN (GLDI) 2.42%
Costco Wholesale (COST) 1.70%
UnitedHealth Group (UNH) 1.52%
ProShares UltraPro QQQ (TQQQ) 0.10%
ProShares UltraPro S&P 500 (UPRO) 0.04%
ProShares UltraPro Russell 2000 (URTY) 0.03%